The Aberfeldie Sports Club is run by a committee of management and governed by a constitution. It has the ultimate responsibility for the legal and financial affairs of the club. Within the structure of the Sports Club Constitution are four sub-committees – Senior Cricket, Junior Cricket, Senior Football and Junior Football.
Members of the Sports Club Committee are appointed as follows:
- Directly elected by Ordinary and Life Members of the club at the ASC Annual General Meeting; and
- A sub committee member as nominated by each sub-committee to the elected Sports Club Committee
Sub Committee members are elected at the respective sub-committee AGM’s but election is not automatically guaranteed; Sub-Committees must first be ratified by the Sports Club Executive.
The Aberfeldie Sports Club committee is responsible for:
- Administration of Club rules
- Financial management of Aberfeldie Sports Club Inc
- Ensuring compliance with Associations Incorporations Act, taxation laws, liquor licensing laws, food handling regulations and regulations related to running of raffles.
- Management of Club facilities and grounds
- Liaison with Moonee Valley Council on maintenance of facilities and grounds
- Restricted Sports Club licence and management of bar
- Submissions for and administration of Council and State government development grants
- Affiliation and liaison with Essendon District Football League (Senior & Junior football)
- Payment of ground rental fees (cricket & football) to Moonee Valley Council
- Payment of all utilities (electricity for clubrooms and training lights, gas, water, telecommunications), insurance (sports, contents & public liability) and clubroom cleaning costs.
- Purchase of fittings, furniture, refrigeration and other equipment
- Payment of EDFL affiliation fees
- Sourcing and management of major sponsors
- Management of membership information and control of membership database
- Investigations and disciplinary hearings
Sources of funds are Sports Club Fees, Bar and canteen earnings, Fundraising Events, Sponsors, Donations and Council and Government grants.
The three sub-committees are responsible for the running of their respective sports and funding of these direct costs to those sports. Sources of funds are Sports fees, Fundraising and Sponsors.
Following the Annual General Meeting in November 2017 the Office Bearers of Aberfeldie Sports Club for the next twelve months are:
|Aberfeldie Sports Club Chairman|
|Aberfeldie Sports Club Vice-Chairmen|
|Aberfeldie Sports Club Secretary||Darren Briggs – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Aberfeldie Sports Club Treasurer||Andrew Brown|
|Senior Football President||John Larkins|
|Junior Football President||Sean Howard – email@example.com|
|Cricket President||Paul West – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Women’s Football President||Alison Crabb – email@example.com|
Sponsorship & Marketing Manager
|Elizabeth Gregory – firstname.lastname@example.org|
Following is an overview of the Aberfeldie Sports Club structure: